Currently, Forge of Empires has nine types of buildings.
- Residential Buildings: These buildings provide population in your city, which is required for the production buildings and some special buildings. Furthermore, they produce coins () in form of taxes.
- Production Buildings: If you want to produce supplies () then you should build those production buildings. Those buildings do require some population in order to be constructed.
- Goods Buildings: Goods are important for building Great Buildings, and much more. If you want to manufacture them, build the according good building. In order to produce goods, they need some coins and supplies.
- Decorations: To keep your citizens happy, you can build some decoration in your city. These small buildings do not require a road and give you a boost in your happiness.
- Cultural Buildings: The cultural buildings produce happiness to keep your population happy and productive. Those buildings are bigger than the decorations, but they also do provide more happiness per square.
- Military Buildings: At times of war, you will want to produce troops. These barracks train your brave soldiers.
- Roads: Most of the buildings have to be connected to the Town Hall, the heart of your city. You can do that with roads.
- Great Buildings: Great Buildings are not just famous in history but also useful in Forge of Empires. These buildings have special abilities that can be unlocked once built and then expanded when the building is upgraded.
- Special Buildings: Every once in a while, there are events on Forge of Empires. More or less every event has one or more special buildings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.