Please note that this information is second hand information issued by InnoGames - the game developer.
Also, please note that the release date given below is for the EN servers that receive the updates first.
Hello Queens and Kings,
The update to 1.230 will take place on Monday the 9th of May. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
For the detailed description of the changes, please see the list below:
- In the "Upgrade building" window, the popup with information about a building level could be displayed far outside the window. This will no longer happen.
- The text in the Forge Plus Carriage was too long to be displayed correctly. We added some line breaks in order to make it fully visible.
- After leveling up within the Castle System, clicking the buttons too fast in the reward window would sometimes prevent you from scrolling further. This has been fixed.
- Canceling a production and restarting it would not activate the production carousel. Now, you will automatically get to the next building.
- Golden Crops displayed an icon for "guild goods from the previous era" after motivation. It now correctly displays "guild goods from current building era" at all times.
- After using all Expansions, the tab in the building menu would disappear. This has been fixed and the tab will always stay.
- We have now removed the happiness modifier for battles and replaced it with a flat 1.2 modifier. This means the happiness will not affect the battle points anymore and instead, you will always get as many points, as you would get if your population were enthusiastic. We have adjusted it because a dynamic happiness modifier significantly increased the server load. It was most apparent shortly after the start of the new Battlegrounds. We find that the majority of players who actively participate in battles tend to have an enthusiastic population anyway. For others, this change will result in getting slightly more battle points. We will also remove the happiness icon from the battle result window later. As a result of this change, the server performance should be way better now, especially when many players do battles at the same time.
- We also made small adjustments to the Guild Battleground, improving the performance.
- The Great Building window could display a maximum of 99 of each Blueprint. We have now increased this number to 9999.
- The unique "previous era Goods" icon is now displayed everywhere in the game, instead of the generic Goods icon.
Mobile Only Changes
This is the mobile section of the changelog. These are things that you won't see on the desktop version of the game and only concern the mobile interface or functionality. Keep in mind that the time the mobile update becomes available depends on the stores and can be some days after the release of the browser version. So don't be surprised if you don't see the update on your devices just yet.
- In the Reconstruction Mode, the missing road icons did not disappear after you removed the buildings. This has been fixed as well.
- Actions such as losing negotiations, using the settings, and tapping on the Majestic Stag in the boost overview would sometimes freeze or crash the game. We have fixed it.
- Scouting a certain province in the Postmodern Era would result in an Internal Error. This no longer occurs.
With this update, there is one more addition we would like to inform you about. We are adding 6 new Diamond expansions that will become available after you've reached Space Age: Jupiter Moon.
There is one more update we would like to highlight. Starting from May 16th, all players have access to Daily Challenge improvements. For example:
- Skip today's rewards for tomorrow's rewards. When selecting prizes for the new Daily Challenge, you can click the "You want the other prizes?" button to swap for tomorrow's prize selection. You will see the same selection tomorrow. The change is available for Diamonds, only once a day.
- Exchange separate Tasks. Once per day for free, you can exchange a Task from the Daily Challenge. For a small Diamond fee, you can do it again until the Tasks fit your goals.
- We've added new rewards. For example, now you can win military buildings!
- Finally, we have adjusted the difficulty of the tasks, making some easier and some more challenging. The overall difficulty stays the same.
We hope you enjoy this addition as well!
In the meantime, our developers are working on the Soccer Cup, which is already live on Beta! They are also working on new mechanics for future events, so stay tuned!
Thank you for playing Forge of Empires! Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team and FoE Wiki
Original link to the changelog can be found here.