Hello Kings and Queens,
The update to 1.55 will take place on Thursday, July 9, 2015. This time we bring you some interesting changes to the game. Especially the new quest UI should catch your eye.
There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for this little inconvenience.
Sincerely, Your Forge of Empires Team
Improvements and changes
- There will be two types of the summary windows. The first one is a short summary of what will come up, for the eras that you haven't unlocked yet, and the second one, for the eras that you already have access to. This feature will be activated a few hours after the update.
- Improved usability and new layout for quest windows. From now on you will click less and see more with our new, improved quest UI. The quests windows became brighter and easier to read. And it's easier to use, as each step takes less clicking now.
Header line will now display a type of the quest as well as the questgiver's name. Title of the quest has been moved a bit lower and located just above the quest text. Even more important than the layout is the usability: it now takes less clicks to accept quests and to complete them. The additional quest completion window is gone and the summary will be displayed directly in the quest window (where you can now also read the initial quest text).
- Player redirection improvements. We now make sure that our new players always reach correct language version when they visit FoE for the first time.
- Account deletion changes. From now on, following accounts will be removed from the game worlds:
- Stone Age and Bronze Age accounts: account has less than 301 Diamonds and has been inactive for at least 30 days.
- Iron Age and Early Middle Age accounts: account has less than 50 Diamonds and has been inactive for at least 30 days.
- Higher ages are currently excluded from deletion.
- Quests in which a player was tasked with making their subjects angry, the quest condition didn't work as expected.
- After clicking some of the technologies in the technology tree, the pop-up windows could be too large.
- Costs to unlock a technology could be displayed as negative values.
- "Your needs" drop down menu in the market window was sometimes broken and not displaying any items.
- Aiding a player after clicking double arrow (to go to rank 1) caused the social bar to refocus on the current player. Also a few other issues with unstable behavior of the social bar were fixed.
- An internal error could be displayed if AI was unable to find a valid move during a battle.
- Attack/Defense boost was not recalculated directly after building/demolishing/connecting/disconnecting buildings that affect the battle boosts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.