Forge of Empires Wiki rewards dedicated, talented and meritorious editors who have made outstanding contributions to the wiki, both in comments as well as on articles, every month. The award is a way of showing the wiki's gratitude to these hard-working people who strive to make the wiki a better place.
The incumbent Editor of the Month is given several privileges which distinguish them from regular editors. Their username is highlighted with a cyan shade. Moreover, their profile masthead will permanently display their achievement along with the month and year for which they were given the award. A section on the Main Page will be dedicated to them, which will include a portrait from the game along with their user name.
The Editor of the Month is selected by the Admin Team after careful consideration and deliberation. They will analyze the contributions of several users who have displayed prominent activity in the wiki over the past month. Finally, they shall choose the person they believe to be the most suitable and inform him/her of his/her achievement (usually within the first week of the next month).
In general, the Admin Team will keep the following guidelines in mind while making their choice.
- The user should have edited consistently over the past one month, with minimal interruptions.
- He/she should not have received a ban/block on the wiki at all, since the time of account creation.
- They should be friendly and approachable, and must have a history of positive interaction with other users and the admin team.
- They should have a presence in both the comments, article pages, and Discussions (not compulsory).
- Any other guildeline seen fit by the Admin Team.
There are certain guidelines which are to be followed in connection with the choosing of the Editor of the Month and related things. These are explained below.
- Regular users can become the Editor of the Month for more than one month. Currently, there is no limit set on the number of times a user can be awarded the title.
- Members of the Admin Team may be accorded as Editor of the Month, provided they have undertaken exceptional work during the concerned month or throughout their tenure.
- A given member of the Admin Team can also be awarded the title for more than one month. However, care must be taken to ensure this is not being done at the expense of other deserving candidates.
- The title can not remain vacant during any given month. In case no satisfactory candidates were found, the Main Admins have the discretion to award the title who whomsoever they deem fit.
- The incumbent or previous Editor(s) of the Month may be invited to join the admin team by the Main Admins. However, the invitation cannot be claimed as a matter of right.
- The Editor of the Month can contact a member of the Admin Team for a request to change their allotted Portrait with a new one from the page (link mentioned on top) in case they are not satisfied with it.
Previous Editors of the Month
|May||No suitable candidate was found.|
|December||Puer et morietur II||
|August||No suitable candidate was found.|